PIAI believes that by bringing together a coalition of organizations supported by like-minded professionals we can create power in numbers to support the traction of forward thinking progressive initiatives.
All PIAI Organizational members promote a code of professional ethics, honest and transparent operational practices to support consumer protections and are committed to working towards the “Gold Standard” for professional competency.
Watch a Short Presentation About PIAI.
Why it was formed, how we plan to move forwards and what we plan to achieve!
Who we are
PIAI believes that the pet industry worldwide needs increased regulation, oversight, and adherence to policies, procedures and best practices as applied to:
Fly the PIAI flag
Participating organizations can proudly fly the flag as can their individual members. Organizations that join are provided with a personalised PIAI badge with their organizations name for their members to display.
JOIN THE Coalition
Join Us in Our Mission to Professionalize the Pet Industry Through Ethics, Consumer Protections and Professional Competency
For so long so many of us have become frustrated with the lack of oversight in the pet industry. This does not specifically refer to a typical “pay your fees” licensing model, but a model that promotes higher standards for ethics, competency and consumer protection. We believe there are hundreds of organizations operating across the globe that feel the same way we do. Each of us, professionals, organizations and in particular pets and their people deserve quantifiable positive changes.
Now is the time for us all to join together and begin a shared journey aligned around our common interests so we can initiate long-term strategic improvements for our industry and those who practice within it. If you answer yes to these questions, then your organization qualifies to join the coalition.
1. Are you a believer that any type of industry oversight needs to be supported by a strong code of ethics, honest and transparent business practices and proven professional competency through independent knowledge and skill assessment?
2. Are you passionate about the Pet Industry and the professionals who practice within it?
3. Would you love to see standardized ethics across the differing job roles, so all professionals working with and around pets not only seek to do no harm but seek to do good?
4. Do you believe professionals should be held accountable to transparent and honest business practices providing the concept of informed consent to their clients?
5. Are you passionate about moving the industry towards accepting a “Gold Standard” of education in search of high levels of professional competency?
6. Do you recognize pets as sentient beings that have emotional, physical, environmental and behavioral needs to be protected and advocated for?
1. Pride of Affiliation: Harness and direct your passion. Yes, be part of the change you seek in the Pet Industry. Stand tall for ethics, competency, and transparency and empower your membership or students to promote your alliance with PIAI.
2. Organizational Badge: Organizations that join are provided with a personalized PIAI badge with their organizations name. Sponsors are provided with a personalised Sponsor badge
3. Legislation and Advocacy Support: PIAI will provide regional support and oversight to the development of local legislation and policies to support our joined vision and mission.Read more